Thanks for your interest in writing a guest post for Conquering Motherhood! I’m always interested in receiving well-written, unique guest posts from a variety of standpoints which will encourage and inspire my readers.
In particular, I am looking for posts that focus on:
- Pregnancy and conception
- Breastfeeding/ formula feeding
- Baby Sleeping
- Cloth Diapers
- Tips and tricks for the first year of motherhood (newborns and babies)
- Positive Birth Stories
Guidelines for Guest Posts
Before submitting your post for consideration, please note the following guidelines:
- Submission of your guest post does not guarantee publication.
- I only accept guest posts from owners of other blogs, not digital marketing agents or similar just looking to place a link on my blog in exchange for money. This is a hard NO from me.
- Posts must be high-quality, original content (i.e. not published anywhere else online). The only exception is for positive birth stories: I accept birth stories that have already been published on your own website.
- As a general guideline, all posts should be at least 1500-2000 words. However, the minimum length of the post varies on a case by case basis, depending on the keyword that’s being targeted and the competition to rank high on Google or Pinterest. The only exception is for positive birth stories, where there’s no minimum word count requirements.
- Use of bullets, lists, and short paragraphs is highly encouraged as it makes reading much easier.
- With the exception of personal stories or open letters, all posts should be list format or how-to’s
- The post should be SEO compliant using keywords and long-tail keywords. Please not that I need to approve the keyword you are targeting before sending me any draft! I only accept guest posts that have a chance of ranking high on Google or Pinterest.
- Please make a concerted effort to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- You can add up to 1 link pointing to your own blog. However, make sure any link in your post is relevant and valid. Links deemed to be irrelevant to the main idea of your post will be removed.
- No affiliate links allowed.
- I do not pay for guest post submissions at this time.
How to submit Guest Posts
Please email me at monica (at) conqueringmotherhood.com with the following:
- The long-tail keyword you intend to target
- Your idea and a basic structure of what the article is going to include (headings and sub-headings)
Note that I only reply to emails that include exactly the information listed above. Unfortunately, I receive far too many emails to be able to answer to anyone that doesn’t even read my guidelines 🙂
If I like your idea and I give you the green light, then you can send me your draft and we take it from there! But by that point, unless you go way off topic, you have a very good chance of being featured on Conquering Motherhood.
What happens after I Guest Post?
Once your guest post is approved, I will edit it for grammar or spelling and to make sure it is SEO friendly.
I will then contact you once the article goes live.
Once I publish your article, I will share it on my social media channels, and you can feel free to share it on yours! This should help drive traffic to both of our websites!
You retain the rights to your article, but do not copy or post the article on another blog or website. I give you full credit for the post, but I need original work to be unique to my site.
I look forward to hearing from you and can’t wait to publish your work on Conquering Motherhood!