This article may contain affiliate / compensated links. For more information, please see my disclaimer here.
Birth affirmations have the power to turn any negative thought that you may have about giving birth into a positive one. This will reduce any stress and anxiety, and boost your self-esteem and self-confidence.
They actually play a crucial role in achieving a calm and confident birth experience: having a positive mindset towards birth can make all the difference!
Here’s 36 Printable Positive Birth Affirmation Cards that you can download, print and cut at home. Perfect if you want to achieve a natural vaginal birth, or if you are doing hypnobirthing!
1) A 36-page PDF (size A4) with 1 cards (size 5″ x 7″) per page, that you can print at home
2) A 18-page PDF (size A4) with 2 cards (size approx 2.5″ x 3.5″) per page that you can print at home
3) A zip folder with 36 images of all of the birth affirmations, so that you can also view them from your phone or your tv
1) Each surge brings the baby closer to me
2) I am totally relaxed and at ease
3) I am getting closer and closer to meeting my little baby
4) I feel confident. I feel safe. I feel secure
5) I am relaxed, confident, and in control
6) I put all fear aside
7) I trust my body
8) I am strong
9) My body and my baby know exactly what to do
10) I was made to do this
11) My baby is the perfect size for my body
12) I soften, I open, I release
13) Breathe in, breathe out. One wave at the time
14) I visualize holding my baby in my arms
15) I get to meet my baby today
16) Nothing lasts forever, and this too, shall pass
17) The ability to give birth is a gift
18) Inhale strength, exhale fear
19) I have strength I didn’t know existed
20) The pain is only temporary and won’t last forever
21) The stronger my birthing waves are, the more I relax
22) Birth is the ultimate act of love
23) My baby gives me the strength to do anything
24) I am a force to be reckoned with
25) I am proud of myself, however birth goes
26) My muscles work in complete harmony to make birthing easier
27) My mind is relaxed, my body is relaxed
28) I fully relax and turn my birthing over to nature
29) I breathe correctly and eliminate tension
30) I feel good and I am beautiful inside and out
31) I meet each surge only with my breath. My body is at ease
32) My cervix opens easily
33) I am prepared to meet whatever turns my birthing takes
34) I accept all my feelings, thoughts, and emotions
35) My baby is in the perfect position for birth
36) I am relaxed and happy that my baby is finally coming to me
Note: If there’s any specific birth affirmation that you would like to be included that’s not already on the list, feel free to get in touch with me. I am happy to add that for you!
Once you have downloaded your birth affirmation cards, it’s time to print. These are best to be printed on good quality white paper. Alternatively you could laminate them for extra durability, or have them printed professionally onto quality cards for the best possible finish.