Having a new baby really throws your life into a whole new world, full of love and cuddles, but also sleepless nights, crying and a whole lot of diapers. It’s a rollercoaster of emotions that is hard to put into words!
You are probably so exhausted and busy that when you are wanting to post a cute or funny photo of your baby on social media, or send it as a message to your friends and family, you are struggling to come up with the right words or caption to go with it. So, let me do the thinking for you!
Whether you are looking for short baby quotes to include in an Instagram post or a birth announcement, or you just want to capture your innate feelings to express all the love and laughter that comes with being a new parent, you’ll probably find it below. From funny baby quotes, to short quotes for baby girls or baby boys, I got you covered.
I have also rounded up at the bottom the best and most beautiful short angel baby quotes for parents that had a miscarriage or lost a baby shortly after birth, plus short rainbow baby quotes that hopefully can be of comfort to parents who are navigating the mixed emotions of bringing a new baby into the world after having losing a previous one.
Short Baby Quotes and Saying
1) “A baby is born with a need to be loved—and never outgrows it” – Frank A. Clark.
2) “Children make you want to start life over” – Muhammad Ali.
3) “Children bring us a piece of heaven on earth” – Roland Leonhardt.
4) “What if I fall? Oh, but my darling , what if you fly?” – Erin Hanson
5) “A baby fills a place in your heart you never knew was empty” – Unknown
6) “I don’t know who you will be, but I know you will be my everything” – Unknown
7) “Happiness is…holding your baby girl in your arms for the very first time” – Unknown
8) “A baby will make your heart fuller, your home happier, and your future brighter” – Unknown
9) “We made a wish and you came true” – Unknown
10) “You will always be the miracle that make my life complete” – Unknown
11) “Yes, I gave you life… but really, you gave me mine” – Unknown
12) “First we had each other and then we had you. Now we have everything” – Unknown
13) “Of all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you” – Unknown
14) “My life made sense the moment I saw you” – Unknown
15) “Happiness is your baby’s first toothless smile” – Unknown
16) “Life’s only worth living if you are being loved by a kid” – Buzz Lightyea
17) “Babies are bits of stardust, blown from the hand of God” – Larry Barretto
Funny Short Baby Quotes
Man, raising babies can be real tough. I swear I never though it could be this difficult and tiring before I became a mom.
Sleep deprivation in particular really got me: there were some mornings when I had to go to work after a sleepless night, with my daughter that woke me every hour, when I didn’t think I was going to survive. Sleep regressions became my worst enemy and all I could dream of was having at least 4 hours sleep in a row!
That said, if there’s one thing I have learnt to make it through is that I have to look at the funny and bright side of things. Make a joke out of it and, if you can’t cry, laugh out loud. Or do a bit of both, why not?
So, here’s some of the best short and funny baby quotes that are sure to make you smile and, hopefully, look from a different angle at the fact that you probably haven’t showered or slept in a long time, the house is still a mess, and baby doesn’t allow you to put them down for one second before they start crying again 🙂
- 4 Month Sleep Regression (why it is the most important one to get right!)
- Baby Waking Up Multiple Times a Night: here’s what you need to know
18) “Sleep is like the unicorn – it is rumored to exist, but I doubt I will see any“ – Dr. Seuss
19) “Sleep? Yes, I have a vague recollection of what that was like” – Unknown
20) “Insomnia: a contagious disease often transmitted from babies to parents” – Shannon Fife
21) “People who say, they sleep like a baby, usually don’t have one” – Leo Burke
22) “90% of parenting is just thinking about when you can lie down again” – Unknown
23) “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance” – Franklin P. Jones
24) “My kid is turning out just like me. Well played, karma. Well played” – Unknown
25) “Parenthood: the scariest hood you’ll ever go through” – Unknown
26) “A crying baby is the best form of birth control” – Carole Tabron
27) “If parenthood came with a GPS, it would mostly say ‘recalculating” – Simon Cholland
28) “Raising kids is a walk in the park. Jurassic Park that is” – Unknown
29) “The worst feature of a new baby is its mother’s singing” – Kin Hubbard
30) “24/7. Once you sign on to be a mother, that’s the only shift they offer!” – Jodi Picoult
31) “A two-year old is kind of like having a blender, but you don’t have a top for it” – Jerry Seinfeld
32) “Having a baby is like suddenly getting the world’s worst roommate” – Anne Lamott.
Short Quotes for Baby Girl
Whether you are expecting little girl or you are in the midst of raising one, there quotes are perfect for you.
I personally have two little girls and I am trying very hard to enjoy every single moment with them while they are little, before they become two independent young ladies. Time really flies so quickly!
I think this first quote particularly sums up my little girls at the moment. Our household is definitely full of giggles lately with a 2 and 4 year old girls running around the place.
33) “Girl: a giggle wrapped in sunshine and glitter” – Unknown
34) “Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will move mountains” – Napoleon
35) “She’s the exclamation mark in the happiest sentence that I could ever write” – Unknown
36) “Lucky is the woman whose first child is a daughter” – Prophet Muhammed
37) “Angels are often disguised as daughters” – Unknown
38) “A baby girl is always a source of perpetual wonder for her parents” – Unknown
39) “Her little hands stole my heart. Her little feet ran away with it” – Unknown
40) “A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give” – Unknown
41) “A baby girl is God’s way of saying, I thought you could use a lifelong friend” – Unknown
42) “And suddenly, she was my everything” – Unknown
43) “Such a big miracle in such a little girl” – Unknown
44) “There is no better feeling than watching your baby girl break into laughter” – Unknown
Short Quotes for Baby Boy
They say the bond between a mother and son is like no other and these quotes reflect that in the best possible way. So, grab one of these if you are expecting of have given birth to a baby boy and use them for your social media, scrapbook or for the nursery.
45) “His little hands stole my heart, and his little feet ran away with it” – Unknown
46) “The very first moment I beheld him, my heart was irrevocably gone” – Unknown
47) “Your son will hold your hand for a little while but your heart for a lifetime” – Unknown
48) “A baby boy is a lifetime of wonder, hopes, and possibilities” – Unknown
49) “A baby boy is every beautiful word that you can possibly think of” – Unknown
50) “Son, you’ll outgrow my lap but never my heart” – Unknown
51) “My baby boy, there is no greater honor than getting to be your mama” – Unknown
52) “Along came this precious little boy and no day was ever ordinary again” – Unknown
53) “A baby boy always is that anchor of your life, even through rough tides of life” – Unknown
Short Angel Baby Quotes
The following short baby quotes are dedicated to all those parents who have suffered a pregnancy loss, or lost their baby short after giving birth. I hope these miscarriage and angel baby quotes can help you navigate grief, bring you some peace and remind you that you are not alone.
54) “Your wings were ready, but my heart was not” – Unknown
55) “I can no longer see you with my eyes or touch you with hands, but I will feel you in my heart forever” – Unknown
56) “I will always wonder who you would have been” – Unknown
57) “It’s an angel mom thin …. Be glad you don’t understand” – Unknown
58) “You never arrived in my arms, but you will never leave my heart” – Zoe Clark-Coates
59) “Someday little one, I will hold you once again” – Unknown
60) “When you lose a child, you lose an entire lifetime” – Unknown
61) “My child may be in heaven, but … I am still a mother” – Unknown
62) “My baby sleeps with the moon and stars” – Unknown
63) “When you lose a child you are haunted with a lifetime of wonder” – Unknown
64) “You were carried for only a moment but are loved for a lifetime” – Unknown
65) “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, or touched, but are felt in the heart” – Helen Keller
66) “I never heard you, but I hear you. I never held you, but I feel you. I never knew you, but I love you” – Unknown
67) “When you carry a life and it’s there, and then gone, a part of your soul dies. Forever” – Casey Wiegano
68) “I may have never met you, but I will always love you” – Unknown
69) “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you” – Maya Angelou
70) “You were with me for just a little while. I grieve because I’ll never see the magic in your smile” – Unknown
71) “A mother’s grief is as timeless as her love” – Joanne Cacciatore
72) “I wish I could have held you just once before you left us” – Conan Gray
73) “To lose a child is to lose a piece of yourself” – Dr. Burton Grebin
74) “We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead” – Unknown
Short Rainbow Baby Quotes
Being pregnant and having a rainbow baby after a previous miscarriage, stillbirth or infant loss, doesn’t mean you’ve forgotten or left being the storm and grief that you went through in the past. That may never leave you. However, bringing a new life into this world with a rainbow baby can lead to a new sense of hope and joy into your life.
The following rainbow baby quotes can help you navigate all these emotions and maybe manage pregnancy anxiety. I hope they can provide a sense of optimism if you are still pregnancy or describe your joy and gratitude for when the new baby comes.
Related: 8 Tips for Coping with Anxiety During Pregnancy
75) “Dreams really do come true, my sweet rainbow baby, I’ve been waiting for you” – Unknown
76) “Through the darkness comes the light, and you, my rainbow baby, shine oh so bright” – Unknown
77) “A rainbow baby is the miracle that lights your world with hope after a storm” – Unknown
78) “We made a wish, and my sweet rainbow baby, you came true” – Unknown
79) “When I look at my rainbow baby, I know a little bit of Heaven is looking back at me” – Unknown
80) “You’re our rainbow after the storm” – Unknown
81) “And then God sent us a rainbow” – Unknown
82) “Out of difficulties, we grow miracles” – Jean de la Bruyere
Short Baby Quotes and Saying: Final Thoughts
Here it is mama, all my best baby quotes that are short and sweet. Perfect for a caption on social media, a text message, or a phrase in your scrapbook or in the nursery.
I really hope they bring you joy and inspiration. And if you heard of other short baby quotes that are not included here but you think should be added, then please let me know in the comments below – I’d love to hear from you!
Also, if you are still pregnant, don’t forget to check out these cute and happy pregnancy quotes!
For more tips and information to survive the first few months with a new baby:
- Baby Waking Up Multiple Times a Night: here’s what you need to know
- Colic Symptoms & Remedies for Breastfed Babies
- 8 Tips for New Parents to Avoid Sleep Deprivation
- 18 Tips on How to Soothe a Crying Baby
- 6 Tips For First Time Moms (Practical Advice To Help New Moms Adjust)
Did you find this useful? Pin it!